Please note that nominations closed April 20th, 2015, at 12:00 p.m. (noon) for positions on our CUPE 391 executive.
The following nominations were received:
Gerard Batty – President (2 yr term)
Aliza Nevarie – Vice President (2 yr term)
Steven Turner – Secretary-Treasurer (2 yr term)
Vania Tse – Recording Secretary (1 yr term)
Inder Pannu – Member at Large (2 yr term)
Gloria Hershorn – Member at Large (2 yr term)
Gary Jarvis – Member at Large (1 yr term)
Mark Whittam – Member at Large (1 yr term)
Debbie Mundy – Trustee (3 yr term)
As all positions have one candidate only, no voting will be necessary and they shall all be elected by acclamation. Congratulations to all of the candidates!
The AGM will still take place on Sunday April 26th at 6:00 p.m. in the Alice MacKay Room at the Central Library, where you may meet your 2015/2016 executive!
The following is a tentative agenda for the AGM:
- food arrives at 5:30
- the meeting starts with a brief 20 minute guest speaker on the living wage for families campaign, since many of our members don’t make the living wage for Vancouver calculated to be $20.10 an hour.
- election by acclamation report and relevant constitutional changes review
- new Exec member swearing in ceremony (if new members present)
- President’s Report followed by Q&A
- Secretary-Treasurer Report and money motions
- other committee reports if committee chairs present followed by Q&A if necessary
- Spectacular prize draws and giveaways.
- the meeting is expected to last no more than 2 hours