Greetings fellow members!
At our upcoming April 26th CUPE 391 Annual General Meeting (Alice McKay room, Central) at 6:00 pm, we will be electing new executive members to represent us. This is the call for nominations for positions on our CUPE 391 executive. Please consider running or nominating a fellow 391 member for one of these important positions. You can really make a difference in your workplace.
The following positions are up for election:
- President (2 year term)
- Secretary Treasurer (2 year term)
- 1 Vice-president (2 year term)
- Recording- secretary (1 year term)
- 2 members-at-large (2 year term)
- 2 members-at-large (1 year term)
- 1 Trustee (3 year term)
Information on Executive positions can be found here. As elections are being conducted online through electronic voting this year, CUPE 391 email access will be required and is easy to set up by contacting 2nd VP Sarah Hall (email@example.com). A unique PIN number will be sent to the CUPE email address of each member to be used to gain access to voting when voting takes place between April 21st to 26th. Most importantly, nominations for executive positions will not be accepted after the nominations cutoff date of April 20th, and none will be accepted from the floor of the upcoming AGM as per past practice.
Members who are planning on running for elected Union positions should:
- Email their biographies and optionally a photograph to Mercedes Parrella, administrator from Simply Voting firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Candidates will be displayed on the CUPE 391 website and placed in the Simply Voting software in drop down menus so that members can view the info prior to voting.
- Send a signed nomination form by email to Bronwen Walls (Selections Librarian TSV) at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively fax to the Union office at 604-879-3034 or mail internally to the Union by saying “Union” as the send to recipient on the envelope. Nomination forms are available here:
- Be available to speak at the ALL CANDIDATES SESSION. There will be an ALL CANDIDATES SESSION – Location TBA
- Run for ONE position. Due to electronic voting, you cannot run for more than one position.
*NOMINATIONS CLOSE APRIL 20* All members are eligible to run for a position, nominate someone and vote.
Estimated Timeline for Nominations and Voting 2015:
- April 8, 2015 – Call for Nominations
- April 16, 2015 – Call for Nominations, announcement of candidates.
- April 20, 2015 – Nominations Close
- TBA – All Candidates Meeting and Social, Central Library
- April 21st 2015 (6:00 am) – Voting Opens
- April 26th, 2015 (6:00 pm) – CUPE 391 Annual General Meeting.
- April 26th, 2015 (7:00 pm) – Voting Closes
- April 26th, 2015 (8:00 pm) – Results announced. Results will also be posted to the CUPE 391 website and emailed to members at this time.**
**tablulation is instantaneous. However, it takes an hour for Simply Voting to create a Certificate of Authenticity.